What's the Difference Between Local and Franchise Lawn Care?
It’s easy to hire the “Big Boys''; with their enticing prices, tv commercials and coupons galore. Some of these companies spend millions just to stay in front of you.
Is going out of your way to take the time to find a local, family owned lawn care company even worth it anymore?
In this article we'll outline the differences between a local, family-owned business and the “Big Boys”.
The Lawn Care Specialist
When it comes down to it, many lawn care companies have similar equipment and use similar products. Ultimately it is all about the Specialist that comes to your property to do the work.
Here are a few things to consider:
- Will I have the same Specialist for each service that gets to know my property well year to year? Does this company have a high turnover rate?
- Am I able communicate directly with my Specialist?
- How long have they been a Lawncare Specialist?
- Have they taken any advanced training?
Cost of Lawn Care
When considering pricing, here are some questions you should be asking your lawn care company:
- How do you seed lawns and what is the cost?
- How fast do you respond to services calls?
- Under measured = under serviced: What is the sq. ft of my lawn? Is this different from what other companies have measured my lawn as? Lawn care prices are based on the size of a lawn. If a lawn is under measured so that the estimate price appears lower, your lawn will be under-serviced and not receive the proper amount of material it truly needs.
- Do you charge extra for additives like Humic Acid & Organic enhancements?
- Are you using quality products and grass seed?
A local company is a member of the community just like you are. Local companies are just as invested in the community as their own customers are making them, oftentimes, more relatable and personal.
If ever you have a problem, odds are high that with a family owned company you will be able to contact the owner directly to resolve any problems.
The Owners & Office
Have you ever had a 5-star experience with a call center halfway around the country or world?
Nothing is more frustrating than talking to someone who is not in touch with what’s going on in our area.
Having access to someone nearby and the owners of the company can make a huge difference. Here what you want to know:
- Am I able to speak to the owner if I need to?
- How much experience does the person answering the phone have?
- 5 Best Ways to Find a Local Lawn Care Company
- Lawn Fertilization Cost - DIY vs Hiring a Pro
- Hidden Costs in Lawn Care
- Why Are Lawn Care Prices Rising?
Since 2007, Green Meadow Lawn Care has provided homeowners throughout the greater Tolland, Connecticut area with premium fertilization programs, tick control, mosquito management, seeding & aeration and tree & shrub care.
To speak to our Customer Service Manager, please call Dave (view Dave's video bio here) with any questions. Dave has been in the industry for 30 years and is always happy to help with his expert advice.