What Factors Contribute to Lawn Care Prices in Northern CT
In my 29 years as a Lawn Care Customer Service Manager, I have been asked this literally thousands of times. As a Connecticut Licensed Grass Expert and Arborist, I have experienced pricing from the perspective of 6 different companies ranging from Chemlawn in 1990 to a (most recent) 17-year tenure with The Green Scene in Manchester, Connecticut.
Questions Answered In This Article:
- What will it cost to do business with Green Meadow?
- What factors drive prices up and down in lawn care?
- Key factors that are going to impact your lawn care prices.
- 3 Pricing Tiers of Lawn Care explained.
- Green Meadow's Pricing Philosophy
What Factors Drive Prices Up and Down in Lawn care?
To answer this question, it’s important to understand that your annual investment in lawn care is influenced by a variety of different factors. These factors have a big impact on the results you receive.
Key factors that are going to impact your lawn care prices:
Lawncare ProductsAll materials are not created equal! Fertilizer additives such as Bio-Stimulants, Humeric Acid, micro-nutrients, and organics can increase a company’s product cost by 50%. Special weed controls for Nutsedge, Ground Ivy, Violets and other difficult-to-control weeds can increase product cost by as much as 100% for a service provider. Sometimes you will even see companies charge separately for these treatments.
- Experienced Lawn Specialists
One of the most common complaints I have heard over my years from customers is, “Each time I had a service, someone different came.” In my experience, the the relationship between the Lawncare Specialist and the Customer plays a key role in customer satisfaction. An experienced specialist that builds history and trust with you will be the gift that keeps on giving.
- What’s Included or Excluded in “The Program”
This is were many companies vary. Be sure to pay attention and do your math. Beware of hidden costs and beware of companies who might include Grub Control (for example) yet increase the price of fertilizer applications to offset the expense. Just this year I saw a company start charging separately for Surface Insect Control and “Triple Billing” for their summer service…ouch!
- Square Footage of Your Lawn
It is standard practice for lawn size to be assessed and be a driving force in cost. What is not standard and can vary from each provider is HOW your lawn care company measures your square footage. Accuracy is key to fair pricing. Not only can a lack of measuring-accuracy lead to unfair pricing, it can also lead to mistreatment of your lawn. How was your lawn measured? With paces? A measuring wheel? An online measuring app? Be an informed customer and know how your lawn care company takes care of the assessments that directly impact how much of your hard earned money you are spending. The most accurate way to measure a lawn that I have found in 29 years, is on-site with an online measuring tool. Visit measurelotsize.com to learn more about these tools.
3 Pricing Tiers of Lawn Care Services Compared
- Most Affordable.
Trugreen, Central Connecticut Lawn and TLC lawn care are a few lawn care companies with very affordable services. We encourage you to be an informed customer and always check Google or Facebook reviews from your peers.
- Middle of the road.
In our opinion this is usually where you will find the best value.
- Most expensive.
Companies such as The Green Scene and Green Carpet can offer very extensive plans but often come at a high annual cost.
Green Meadow’s Pricing Philosophy
We like to think that you can find us in the middle of the road...or middle of the meadow? ;) Our pricing represents the high standards and reputation we have built over 13 years.
Green Meadow employees have extensive field training and classroom time to ensure that you will have a knowledgeable and helpful specialist to work with you and your lawn.
Our pricing is fair and firm. We will not compromise on pricing because we refuse to compromise on quality. Your positive results and satisfaction are what matters most to us.
What will it cost you to do business with Green Meadow?
- Minimum Price - Our 5-Step Premium Fertilization Program minimum price is $66 per treatment. Our Grub Control minimum price is $76. This will treat up to 8,000 square feet. The annual cost is $406.
- Discounts – We offer 5% off for prepayments. We offer an additional 5% off to all Veterans. Thank you for your service!
- 3X Core Aeration and Seeding with Starter Fertilizer - These prices are set very reasonably because we want to encourage you to upgrade your lawn. We realize that whenever you give us the opportunity to do additional work on your property, it's another chance for us to improve your results and earn more of your trust. Our minimum price for 3X Core Aeration and Seeding with Starter Fertilizer is $360 and includes up to 8,000 square feet of property.
Bottom Line: It all comes down to who do you trust. Do your research. Check reviews. Did we mention check reviews?
Set an appointment to meet someone on your property for not just a price but to determine what your lawn needs and even more importantly what you need.
If this article was useful to you, read some others similar to it:
- How Do I Get Rid of Moles in My Yard?
- 8 Things to Know Before Hiring a Lawn Care Company
- Are Grubs Attracting Moles in Your Yard?
- Moss Has Taken Over My Lawn - The Experts Can Help
Since 2007, Green Meadow Lawn Care has provided homeowners throughout the greater Tolland, Connecticut area with premium fertilization programs, tick control, mosquito management, seeding & aeration and tree & shrub care. Continue to read our blog to find out more about how our services can help you or visit our Youtube Channel to view more in our Learning Center Series.
To speak to our Customer Service Manager, Dave, please call the number below with any questions. Dave has been in the industry for 30 years and is always happy to help with his expert advice.